Marbling

This year, Crafty Creatives changed their subscription boxes to concentrate on a single craft each month. I decided to stop my subscription because I knew I would end up getting duplicates of things I already have (as my craft supply collection is way out of control) but I did get January's box, which was marbling. It was a lot of fun trying out different techniques, I mostly used the "randomly swizzle a needle around in the ink" one...

Here are some of the best results on paper:

The kit included some fabric (I think it was a thin cotton - on the right below) and I also tried some thicker calico (on the left below). The thinner cotton took up the colour way better than the calico, both ended up quite stiff so not suitable at this point for the embroidery I had planned. I haven't tried washing or rinsing them yet though.

There was also a ceramic heart pendant in the kit, which came out really nicely. I'm going to try varnishing it with glittery ModPodge.


No comments:

Post a Comment